Issued 03:30 PM ADT 18 September 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots increasing to north 30 this evening then diminishing to north 15 to 20 Saturday evening.
Showers ending Saturday morning. Fog patches dissipating overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 18 September 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5549W to 5130N 5000W to 5430N 4930W to 5530N 5200W to 5700N
5500W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Sep estimated from Newfoundland
near 5120N 5636W to the Labrador coast near 5133N 5648W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 18 September 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 1007 mb located over Georges Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday low 1005 mb located over eastern
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Saturday departing low 1002 mb located northeast
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday approaching ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:50 PM ADT 18 September 2020 A low pressure system over Georges Bank will track northeastward over
marine district tonight, bringing gale force southwesterlies to
eastern and southernmost slope waters tonight and early Saturday
morning. Moderate to strong northerlies are expected elsewhere.
Marine interest are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank - southern half, West Scotian Slope - southern half,
East Scotian Slope - southeastern half, Banquereau - southeastern
half and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: