Issued 08:00 PM AST 07 February 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to southwest 15 to 20 knots after midnight then veering to west 20 Wednesday morning. Wind veering to northwest 25 Wednesday evening.
Showers overnight and Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 7 February 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4529N 6511W to
4515N 6500W to Nova Scotia near 4515N 6427W. Sea ice northeast of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4519N 6058W to 4540N
5837W to 4755N 6124W to 4725N 6236W to 4849N 6316W to 4844N 6057W to
4934N 6117W to 4953N 5854W to 4721N 5958W to Newfoundland near 4729N
5610W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:08 PM EST 7 February 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
5015N 5631W to 4930N 4900W to 5135N 4720W to 5830N 5550W to 6005N
5015W to 5740N 4610W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5845W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5725W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 7 February 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 987 mb located south of East Scotian
By 3:00 a.m. AST Wednesday low 986 mb located southeast of
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located from Labrador to New
By 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday weakening ridge located from
Newfoundland to Nova Scotia.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over New Brunswick.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday trough located over the eastern Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:49 PM AST 7 February 2023 An intense low pressure system south of East Scotian Slope will move
slowly eastward to lie east of the marine district on Wednesday.
Gale force northeasterlies over the southern half of the marine
district will gradually diminish tonight as the low moves away.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Sable, East Scotian Slope, Banquereau - southeastern half,
And Laurentian Fan.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Northumberland Strait -
western half, Gulf - Magdalen - western half, Chaleur - Miscou, and
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: