Issued 03:00 AM AST 21 February 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind north 15 to 20 knots diminishing to northerly 10 to 15 late this morning and to light this afternoon. Wind increasing to southwest 15 after midnight and to southwest 25 Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to westerly 15 Saturday afternoon.
Flurries ending this morning. Flurries or showers Saturday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 4 rising to plus 3 Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 February 2020 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4530N 5940W to 4600N 5755W to 4710N 5830W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 20 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4830N 5308W to 4805N 4825W to 4900N 4805W to 5045N 4730W to 5530N
5130W to 6100N 5700W to 6300N 5400W to 5830N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5150N 5615W to Newfoundland near 5133N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 21 February 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. AST today building ridge located on a line north-south
over the Maritimes.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Saturday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the southern Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. AST today intensifying low 1004 mb located southeast
of Cape Hatteras.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Saturday departing low 1001 mb located south of
the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM AST 21 February 2020 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Grand Manan, eastern shore,
Sable, Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, and
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: