Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 April 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots increasing to northeast 25 near midnight and to northeast 35 Thursday morning. Wind increasing to northeast 35 to 45 Thursday afternoon.
Flurries or showers changing to periods of rain and fog patches this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 March 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4510N 6125W to 4500N 6000W
to 4520N 5900W to 4725N 5900W to Newfoundland near 4710N 5525W. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:19 PM EDT 31 March 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 1 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5556W to 4500N 5250W to 4445N 4700W to 4600N 4450W to 5030N
4345W to 5330N 4800W to 5800N 5500W to 5930N 5400W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Browns BankIssued 03:00 AM ADT 01 April 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 1 April 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today departing low 996 mb located south of
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today intensifying low 990 mb located off Cape
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday low 979 mb located south of West Scotian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:50 AM ADT 1 April 2020 A low pressure system will approach from the southwest today and
tonight and stall south of West Scotian Slope on Thursday. Strong
easterlies ahead of the low will increase to gale to near storm force
east to northeasterlies as the low approaches.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fundy, Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, southwestern
shore, LaHave Bank, West Scotian Slope, eastern shore, Sable, East
Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau, and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: