Issued 03:30 PM ADT 24 September 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 to 45 knots diminishing to west 25 early this evening and to west 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 Sunday morning then increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 24 September 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4804N 5256W to 4815N 5215W to 5045N 4845W to 5345N 4845W to 5600N
5045W to 5845N 5545W to 5945N 5255W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Sep estimated from Quebec near
5100N 5853W to 5030N 5830W to Newfoundland near 5012N 5735W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Browns BankIssued 3:30 PM ADT 24 September 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 24 September 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today Post-tropical Storm Fiona 945 mb located
at 47.9N 60.8W.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Sunday departing Post-tropical Storm Fiona 970
mb located at 53.8N 57.2W.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:15 PM ADT 24 September 2022 Post tropical cyclone Fiona is currently tracking northeastward
across the Gulf of St. Lawrence and will move to lie over Southern
Labrador Sunday morning. Hurricane force winds are forecast for
regions in the path of and to the east of Fiona.
Marine interests are advised that a hurricane force warning is in
effect for Cabot Strait - northern half. Storm warnings are in effect
for Fourchu, Banquereau - western half, Cabot Strait - southern half,
Northumberland Strait - eastern half, and Gulf - Magdalen.
Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters.
Marine interests are also advised that higher than normal water
levels are expected for and Gulf of St. Lawrence waters until this
As of 3:00 P.M. post tropical storm Fiona is located near 47.9
degrees north and 60.8 degrees west or 108 nautical miles north
northwest of Sydney. Fiona is moving northeast at 20 knots. Maximum
sustained winds are 65 knots and the central pressure is 945 MB.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: