Issued 03:00 AM ADT 23 September 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light increasing to east 15 to 20 knots near midnight. Wind east 15 to 20 Sunday.
Showers tonight and Sunday. Fog patches forming near midnight and dissipating Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 22 September 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4926N 5355W to 5230N 4930W to 5330N 5000W to 5915N 5700W to 5955N
5120W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5132N 5647W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5628W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 23 September 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from the Gulf of Maine to
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday ridge located from New Brunswick to East
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the St. Lawrence River.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday departing trough located over Banquereau.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located southwest of the Marine
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday trough located over the southwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:36 AM ADT 23 September 2023 Tropical cyclone information: at midnight ADT tropical storm Ophelia
was located near 33.6 north and 76.8 west. Maximum sustained winds
were 60 knots with gusts to 75 knots and the minimum central pressure
was 984 MB. Ophelia was moving north-northwest at 10 knots.
There will be no impacts to Canadian territory.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank - eastern half
- LaHave Bank - western half
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore - eastern half
- Southwestern Shore - western half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- West Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: