Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2017
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 23 January 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 995 mb located over southern Quebec.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Wednesday low 987 mb located over the Gaspe
At 3:00 a.m. AST Wednesday trough from 982 mb low located on a
line north-south over western Nova Scotia.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Wednesday trough from 978 mb low located on a
line north-south over Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:59 PM AST 23 January 2018 A low pressure system over Southern Quebec will continue to track
eastward towards the region tonight. Strong to gale force southerlies
will spread across most of the district ahead of a trough associated
with this system. There is a chance of storm force southerlies over
southern waters near the trough.
As this trough tracks east over northern waters on Wednesday strong
to gale force westerlies will develop behind it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Fundy.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: