Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM AST 01 November 2020
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 24 January 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. AST today low 986 mb located over the Gulf of
By 3:30 p.m. AST today low 990 mb located near Prince Edward Island.
At 3:00 a.m. AST today trough located near East Scotian Slope.
By 3:30 p.m. AST today departing trough located east of the Marine
At 8:00 p.m. AST Monday building ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over New England.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:39 AM AST 24 January 2021 A low pressure system near Gaspé will continue to move southward and
weaken throughout the day. Winds over the Gulf of St. Lawrence waters
will increase to strong to gale force northwesterlies behind the low.
Over southern waters, a departing trough will also leave strong to
gale force northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, LaHave Bank, West
Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope, Laurentian Fan, Gulf-Magdalen, and
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Fundy, Grand Manan, Northumberland Strait - western half,
Chaleur-Miscou, and Gulf-Magdalen.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: