Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 30 October 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 20 to 25 knots this morning and to southeast 45 this afternoon. Wind veering to southwest 30 to 35 late this evening then diminishing to southwest 25 to 30 Tuesday morning.
Rain and fog patches beginning this afternoon and ending near midnight. Fog patches dissipating this morning.
High today plus 15. Low tonight plus 10. High Tuesday plus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 25 February 2018 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing ridge located on a line
north-south over Banquereau.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 1011 mb located west of the Marine
By 8:00 p.m. AST Monday low 1006 mb located over Fourchu.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:58 PM AST 25 February 2018 A trough of low pressure will approach the western marine district
this evening then move slowly eastward to lie over the eastern marine
district Monday evening. Strong to gale force southeasterlies will
develop ahead of the trough then shift to strong northwesterlies in
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, LaHave Bank, West Scotian Slope, eastern shore-eastern
half, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau and Laurentian
Fan. Freezing spray warnings are in effect for all Gulf of St.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: