Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2017
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 20 January 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. AST today low 985 mb located over central Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 982 mb located north of Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. AST Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. AST Sunday ridge located over New England.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:59 AM AST 20 January 2018 A low pressure system approaching from Quebec will move across
Anticosti this afternoon and to lie north of Newfoundland overnight
tonight. Strong to gale force south to southwesterly winds
Ahead of the low will shift to strong to gale force
Northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
All waters except Northumberland Strait, Chaleur-Miscou and
Eastern half of Anticosti. Freezing spray warnings are in
Effect for Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait-eastern half,
Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: