Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2022
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 27 November 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. AST today departing low 972 mb located over eastern
At 3:00 a.m. AST Monday low 986 mb located over the Gulf of Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing low 982 mb located over
At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Maritimes.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Monday departing ridge located over the eastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:37 AM AST 27 November 2022 An intense low pressure system near the Grand Banks will move away
this morning. Gale to storm force northerlies will diminish in its
wake as a ridge moves across the district today. On Monday a second
low will move across the district to lie over Newfoundland Monday
evening. Gale to storm force southwesterlies will prevail near and
south of the low.
Marine interests are advised that a hurricane force wind warning is
in effect for Laurentian Fan - western half. Storm warnings are in
effect for Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope,
Banquereau and Laurentian Fan - eastern half. Gale warnings are in
effect for all remaining waters except Fundy, Grand Manan, and all
Gulf of St. Lawrence waters.
Outlook for the start of the Southwest Nova lobster fishery.
Lfa33: winds north 20 knots diminishing to 10 to 15 by noon then
light. Seas 2 metres diminishing to 1 metre near noon.
Lfa34: winds north 20 knots diminishing to 10 to 15 by noon then
light in the afternoon. Seas 1 to 2 metres diminishing to 1 late in
Lfa33: winds light increasing to south 15 in the afternoon and south
25 late in the afternoon. Seas 1 metre increasing to 1 to 2 in the
Lfa34: winds light increasing to southerly 20 knots near noon and to
25 to 30 in the afternoon. Seas 1 metre.
Lfa33: winds south 40 to 50 knots becoming west 25 to 35 near noon.
In seas 2 to 3 metres increasing to 3 to 4 in the afternoon.
Lfa34: winds south 40 to 50 knots becoming west 30 in the afternoon.
Seas 3 to 5 metres becoming 3 to 4 in the afternoon.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: