Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2022
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 30 March 2023 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from the Gaspe Peninsula
to East Scotian Slope.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday trough from 1008 mb low located over
Fourchu extending southeastward.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday ridge located on a line north-south over
the western Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:58 PM ADT 30 March 2023 A trough of low pressure over the central marine district at forecast
time will move to lie east of the district Friday evening.
Additionally Friday morning a low will develop in the trough near
Fourchu. Strong northwesterlies in the wake of the trough will
increase to strong to gale force overnight tonight or Friday morning.
These gales will begin to diminish Friday afternoon or evening.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope, and Chaleur-Miscou - western
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Fundy, Northumberland Strait - western half and
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: