Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM AST 01 November 2020
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 25 January 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. AST today departing low 980 mb located over eastern
At 3:00 a.m. AST today low 982 mb located over northern
By 3:30 p.m. AST today weakening low 992 mb located over southern
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight building ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Tuesday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Gulf of Maine.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:00 AM AST 25 January 2021 Strong to gale force northwesterlies will persist across the district
today as a deep low pressure system slowly weakens over Newfoundland.
The wind will gradually diminish tonight and Tuesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Browns Bank, Georges Bank, LaHave Bank, West Scotian Slope, East
Scotian Slope, Laurentian Fan - eastern half, Gulf-Magdalen, and
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northwestern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: