Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2018
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 23 January 2019 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located over the central Marine
By 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday departing ridge located over the
southwestern Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 995 mb located near the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday low 984 mb located over northwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:26 PM AST 23 January 2019 A ridge of high pressure currently over the central marine district
will continue to depart the region throughout tonight. Meanwhile a
developing low pressure system near the Great Lakes will track
northeastward reaching Northern New Brunswick by Thursday evening.
Increasing southerly winds ahead of this low pressure system will
reach gale force Thursday morning over western waters and spread
eastward throughout the day. There is a possibility that southerly
winds over western waters may reach storm force Thursday night before
returning to gale force early Friday morning.
Additionally, high waves and pounding surf may generate higher than
normal water levels along south facing coastlines from St. Margaret's
bay to Yarmouth near high tide late Thursday evening.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Laurentian Fan, Banquereau, and Chaleur-Miscou -
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: