Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 27 May 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots becoming southwest 15 late overnight then increasing to southwest 20 Thursday afternoon.
Fog patches dissipating Thursday morning. Fog patches reforming Thursday evening.
Low tonight plus 12. High Thursday plus 27.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 8:00 PM ADT 27 May 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 27 May 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1000 mb located over northern Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday low 1010 mb located north of Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 11:03 PM ADT 27 May 2020
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: