Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 18 September 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 knots veering to northwest 15 this afternoon then increasing to northeast 20 to 25 this evening with gusts to 30 in the channels. Wind northeast 20 to 25 with gusts to 30 in the channels Wednesday.
A few showers ending Wednesday afternoon.
Temperatures plus 22 falling to plus 11 Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 10:00 AM ADT 18 September 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 18 September 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line east-west over
the southern Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located from the Gulf of Maine
to the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday low 1004 mb located over Browns Bank.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Wednesday low located over Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:02 AM ADT 18 September 2018 A trough of low pressure over the Southern Gulf of St. Lawrence will
slowly slide southward today to lie over the southern slope waters by
Wednesday afternoon. Strong southwesterly winds ahead of the trough
will increase to strong to gale force northeasterlies in its wake.
Additionally, a low will track across southern marine waters tonight
and Wednesday. Strong southwesterlies are expected south of the low
with strong to gale force northeasterlies north of it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Gulf-Magdalen northern half, Chaleur-Miscou eastern half
and Anticosti southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: