Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 October 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 this morning then increasing to southwest 15 to 20 late this afternoon. Wind diminishing to light after midnight. Wind light Friday.
Showers and fog patches ending early this morning.
High today plus 20. Low tonight plus 13. High Friday plus 21.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 1 October 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today quasi-stationary high located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 974 mb located over Labrador.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight weakening trough from low located over
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday approaching trough located southwest of
the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM ADT 1 October 2020 A low pressure system tracking across Labrador will move away from
the region today. Strong to gale force southwesterlies over northern
waters in the wake of this low will diminish later this morning.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: