Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2022
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 5 February 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight intensifying trough located on a line
north-south over Sable Island.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Monday departing trough located east of
At 8:00 p.m. AST Monday approaching low 996 mb located near
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:40 AM AST 5 February 2023 Gales will end over eastern waters as a ridge builds in from Maine.
By this evening a trough will intensify as it moves east towards
Sable Island, giving strong to possibly gale force southwesterlies
over southern and eastern waters. Finally, a low approaching from the
southwest will give strong to gale force northeasterlies for
southwestern waters late on Monday.
An extremely cold airmass sitting over the region combined with the
winds are keeping moderate to severe freezing spray over much of the
marine district. Conditions are expected to improve today and tonight
as the cold air moves away and winds subside.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Banquereau - northern half. Gale warnings are in effect for Lurcher,
browns banks, eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu,
Banquereau - southern half, Laurentian Fan , Cabot Strait and
Gulf-Magdalen - northeastern half.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for eastern shore, Sable, East
Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait,
Gulf - Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: