Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2017
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 17 January 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located over the Maritimes.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing ridge located from Labrador to
the Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 1018 mb located near Cape Cod.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Thursday low 996 mb located over western
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:57 AM AST 17 January 2018 A low pressure system will develop along the New England coast this
afternoon and is now expected to track along Nova Scotia to lie over
Western Newfoundland by Thursday afternoon. As a result, strong to
gale force southeasterlies are expected ahead of this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
southwestern shore and eastern shore.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: