Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2018
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 21 January 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. AST today low 984 mb located over the Bay of Fundy.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 987 mb located over the northeastern
Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Tuesday low 994 mb located northeast of Anticosti
By 8:00 p.m. AST Tuesday low 1000 mb located east of Cabot Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:52 AM AST 21 January 2019 A deepening low pressure over the Bay of Fundy will track east of
Anticosti Island Monday evening. Gale to storm force southerlies
south of the track will diminish to strong to gale force westerlies
in its wake. North of the low gale to storm force northeasterlies
will gradually diminish as the low moves into the Gulf of St.
On Tuesday the remnant of the low will move from near Anticosti to
east of Cabot Strait Tuesday evening. This will give strong to gale
force west to northwesterlies for most of the day.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen western half, and Miscou
eastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for all other waters except
Fundy, Grand Manan, and Chaleur-Miscou western half.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for all waters except West
Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope, Laurentian Fan, Northumberland
Strait - western half, and Chaleur - Miscou.
Higher than normal water levels combined with rough and pounding surf
are expected this morning along the Atlantic Coast of Mainland Nova
Scotia. Minor flooding is possible from ship harbour west to
Yarmouth. For the Southern Bay of Fundy from cape split west to
Digby County, higher than normal water levels are expected near noon
today. For the Southern Bay of Chaleur and south to Miramichi,
higher than normal water levels are expected this afternoon.
There may also be ice rafting and pile up near the coast.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: