Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2017
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 21 January 2018 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. AST today departing low 978 mb located northeast
At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located over western Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Monday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Nova Scotia.
At 3:30 p.m. AST today quasi-stationary low 980 mb located northeast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:18 PM AST 21 January 2018 A combination of two low pressure systems northeast of Newfoundland
and Labrador respectively will maintain strong to gale force
northwesterlies over most northern waters tonight. Those
northwesterlies will gradually diminish on Monday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
northern half of Banquereau, Cabot Strait, northeastern half of
Gulf-Magdalen, and Anticosti.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fourchu, northern half of
Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: