Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 30 October 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 20 to 25 knots this morning and to southeast 45 this afternoon. Wind veering to southwest 30 to 35 late this evening then diminishing to southwest 25 to 30 Tuesday morning.
Rain and fog patches beginning this afternoon and ending near midnight. Fog patches dissipating this morning.
High today plus 15. Low tonight plus 10. High Tuesday plus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 21 March 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 993 mb located south of Long Island.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday low 991 mb located southwest of Georges
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday warm front from low located south of
the Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday warm front from low located from Georges
Bank to Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:20 PM ADT 21 March 2018 A warm front associated with an approaching low pressure system will
move into the southern marine district tonight before tracking
northward on Thursday. Strong to gale force northeasterly winds north
of the trough will spread to most of the district by Thursday morning
and switch to strong to gale force southwesterly winds in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
marine waters except for Chaleur-Miscou - western half, and Anticosti
- northwestern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: