Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 23 October 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeasterly 20 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 30 this afternoon and to southeast 35 this evening. Wind diminishing to westerly 15 to 20 late overnight and to westerly 10 to 15 Thursday evening.
Rain tonight. Fog patches overnight.
Temperatures plus 7 rising to plus 13 overnight then falling to plus 8 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 10:00 AM ADT 23 October 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 23 October 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today intensifying trough from 1007 mb low
located over New England extending southward.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Thursday trough from 1003 mb low located over
Anticosti Island extending southeastward.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday ridge located south of Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:53 AM ADT 23 October 2019 An intensifying trough of low pressure over New England will
Move over the central marine district this afternoon then east
Of Laurentian Fan late in the day Thursday. Winds will increase to
strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the trough then shift
to generally strong westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Fundy, Georges Bank, Banquereau - eastern half and
Laurentian Fan - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: