Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2017
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 23 November 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. AST today intensifying low 984 mb located near Halifax.
By 10:00 a.m. AST today low 976 mb located over the Gulf of
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing low 983 mb located northeast
At 10:00 a.m. AST Friday approaching ridge located over the Gulf
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:08 AM AST 23 November 2017 A low pressure system currently near Halifax will continue to
intensify as it tracks northeastward into the Gulf of St. Lawrence
this morning. Gale to storm force southerlies will continue to spread
eastward ahead of this low with a quick shift to gale to storm force
northwesterlies behind it. These northwesterlies will begin to
diminish over western waters this morning but will remain strong over
northeasternmost waters until this evening.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot
Strait, Northumberland Strait - eastern half and Gulf-Magdalen -
eastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters.
Marine interests in the northern part of Cabot Strait are also
advised to prepare for higher than normal water levels today
During high tide along the Southwest Coast of Newfoundland from a
combination of storm surge and high waves and pounding surf.
These conditions have the potential to cause minor coastal flooding
or infrastructure damage.
Outlook for the start of the Southwest Nova lobster fishery.
Sunday..Winds westerly 15 knots increasing to northwest 25 to 30
knots by the afternoon.
Monday..Winds northwesterly 25 knots.
Tuesday..Winds northwesterly 25 knots diminishing to northwesterly 15
to 20 knots in the afternoon.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank - eastern half
- LaHave Bank - western half
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: