Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2018
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 21 February 2019 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 1002 mb located over West Scotian Slope.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Friday departing low 990 mb located southeast of
At 3:30 p.m. AST today departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Cabot Strait.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Friday approaching ridge located on a line
north-south over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:03 PM AST 21 February 2019 A ridge over the Gulf of St. Lawrence will move to lie east of the
marine district this evening. Winds will diminish to light over
eastern waters late this afternoon. Meanwhile a low pressure system
over West Scotian Slope will track eastward to lie southeast of
Laurentian Fan overnight tonight. Strong to gale southerlies ahead of
the low will back to strong to gale force westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope and Laurentian
Fan - southern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Fundy, Grand Manan, eastern shore - eastern half, Sable -
eastern half, Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf Magdalen -
northeastern half, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: