Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 21 September 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 knots increasing to northwest 20 this morning then diminishing to north 15 this evening. Wind diminishing to light Friday morning.
Scattered showers ending overnight.
High today plus 15. Low tonight plus 9. High Friday plus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 03:00 AM ADT 21 September 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 21 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line east-west over
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday dissipating trough located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over southern Ontario.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday quasi-stationary ridge located over the
western Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM ADT 21 September 2023 Tropical cyclone information: at 12:00 A.M. ADT hurricane nigel was
located near 39.0 north and 50.4 west, or about 885 kilometres
south-southeast of Cape Race Newfoundland. Maximum sustained winds
are estimated at 80 knots. Minimum central pressure is 973 MB.
Nigel is moving northeast at 22 knots. Nigel will continue
accelerating northeastward over the next couple days.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - eastern half
- West Scotian Slope - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: