Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2022
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 28 January 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. AST today trough located from Quebec to New England.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Sunday departing trough located over Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. AST Sunday ridge located from Quebec to New England.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Monday departing ridge located over Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Sunday approaching low located over New England.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:17 PM AST 28 January 2023 A trough of low pressure will move eastward across the Gulf of St.
Lawrence tonight. Strong southerly winds ahead of the trough shift to
strong to gale force westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half, Gulf - Magdalen and Anticosti. Freezing
spray warnings are in effect for Gulf - Magdalen, Chaleur - Miscou,
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: