Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2018
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 19 February 2019 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight intensifying low 954 mb located east of
the Grand Banks.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday departing low 936 mb located over the
northern Atlantic Ocean.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
the eastern Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday ridge located on a line north-south
over the Gulf of Maine.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:51 PM AST 19 February 2019 A low pressure system east of the Grand Banks at forecast time will
continue to intensify tonight before departing over the North
Atlantic on Wednesday. Strong to gale force northwesterlies are
expected to persist into Wednesday before diminishing somewhat over
southwestern waters late on Wednesday as a ridge of high pressure
approaches. The northwesterly gales could approach storm force at
times tonight and Wednesday over Cabot Strait and Banquereau.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
West Scotian Slope, eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope,
Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou and Anticosti.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope,
Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen - southwestern half and
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: