Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2022
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 3 December 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located over the southern Marine
By 3:30 p.m. AST today departing ridge located east of the Marine
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located on a line north-south over
By 3:30 p.m. AST Sunday trough located on a line north-south
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:41 AM AST 3 December 2022 A trough of low pressure is forecast to approach the district tonight
and will track across the region to lie over eastern waters late in
the day Sunday. Today strong to gale force southerly winds will
develop over northern and eastern waters and then spread across the
region by Sunday morning. In the wake of this trough, strong to gale
force westerly winds will begin to diminish late in the day Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Laurentian Fan.
Outlook for the start of the Southwest Nova lobster fishery, lfa34.
Sunday...Winds southwest 25 knots veering to northwest 25 early in
the morning then diminishing to northwest 15 in the evening. Seas 3
to 4 metres becoming 2 metres late in the day.
Monday...Winds light increasing south 15 knots in the afternoon.
Seas near 1 metre.
Tuesday...Southeasterly 20 knots. Seas zero to 1 metres becoming 2
meteres in the afternoon.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: