Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2021
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 19 January 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. AST today departing low 979 mb located over Labrador
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 1005 mb located over southern Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday low 1005 mb located north of Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough from low located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday trough from low located on a line
northeast-southwest over West Scotian Slope.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:57 AM AST 19 January 2022 Strong to gale force westerlies over the marine district will
gradually diminish today as an intense low pressure system over the
Labrador Sea moves slowly away.
A second low pressure system approaching from Quebec will move to lie
north of Newfoundland Thursday evening. Winds will increase to strong
to gale force southerlies ahead of the low then become moderate to
strong northwesterlies behind it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fundy, Grand Manan, Lurcher, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait
and Gulf - Magdalen.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for southwestern shore, LaHave
Bank, eastern shore, Sable, Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait and all
Gulf of St. Lawrence waters.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: