Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 16 October 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light early this evening then increasing to southeast 20 early Thursday morning. Wind increasing to easterly 40 early Thursday afternoon then diminishing to southwesterly 15 to 20 Thursday evening.
Rain Thursday afternoon and evening.
Low tonight plus 6. High Thursday plus 13.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 3:30 PM ADT 16 October 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 16 October 2019 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing trough located east of the Marine
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday trough located southwest of the Marine
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday trough located from the Gulf of
St. Lawrence to Laurentian Fan.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today high located over Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday departing high located over the eastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:12 PM ADT 16 October 2019 An intense trough of low pressure will approach the district from the
southwest overnight tonight and will move to lie from the Gulf of St.
Lawrence to Laurentian Fan Thursday evening. Winds will increase to
gale to storm force easterlies ahead of the trough then shift to
strong to gale force southwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, southwestern shore,
LaHave Bank and West Scotian Slope. Gale warnings are in effect for
all remaining waters.
Also, rough pounding surf can be expected along the Atlantic Coast of
Nova Scotia and portions of the Gulf of St. Lawrence on Thursday.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: