Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 30 October 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 20 to 25 knots this morning and to southeast 45 this afternoon. Wind veering to southwest 30 to 35 late this evening then diminishing to southwest 25 to 30 Tuesday morning.
Rain and fog patches beginning this afternoon and ending near midnight. Fog patches dissipating this morning.
High today plus 15. Low tonight plus 10. High Tuesday plus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 23 March 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 997 mb located northeast
of the Marine District.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday ridge located over northern Labrador.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday ridge located over central Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:52 PM ADT 23 March 2018 A low pressure system over Newfoundland will continue to move
northeastward away from the district overnight. Generally strong
northerlies in the Gulf of St. Lawrence this evening will increase
again to strong to gale force northeasterlies on Saturday as a ridge
of high pressure builds over Labrador.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou -
eastern half, and Anticosti-southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: