Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM AST 01 November 2020
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 5 December 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 976 mb located over the Gulf of Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Sunday low 988 mb located near Prince Edward
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:40 PM AST 5 December 2020 A low pressure system over the Gulf of Maine this evening will track
slowly across the Bay of Fundy Sunday morning to eventually lie near
Prince Edward Island by Sunday evening. North of this system strong
to gale force northeasterlies will develop tonight. South of the
system, strong to gale force southeasterlies will shift to strong to
gale force west to southwesterlies, except over southwestern waters,
where storm force southwesterlies are expected tonight.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Browns Bank, Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope.
Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters.
Outlook for the start of the southwest lobster fishery.
Sunday..Winds west 35 to 45 knots diminishing to westerly 35 in the
morning then diminishing to northwest 25 to 30 in the afternoon.
Sea state 5 to 7 metres diminishing to 3 to 4 metres in the
Monday..Winds northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20
In the afternoon and to northwest 10 to 15 late in the evening.
Seas 3 to 4 metres diminishing to 2 to 3 early in the morning and
To 1 to 2 in the afternoon.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: