Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2017
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 25 February 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located on a line north-south over
the Gaspe Peninsula.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Monday departing ridge located on a line
north-south over eastern Banquereau.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located west of the Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Monday low 1006 mb located over Fourchu.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:44 AM AST 25 February 2018 A trough of low pressure will approach the western marine district
this evening then move slowly eastward to lie over the eastern marine
district Monday evening while developing into a low pressure system.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the trough
then shift to strong northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope, East Scotian
Slope, Banquereau and Laurentian Fan. Freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Banquereau and all Gulf of St. Lawrence waters.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: