Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2022
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 27 January 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. AST today departing cold front from 974 mb low located
from Labrador to Newfoundland then to Laurentian Fan.
At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located from Quebec to New England.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Saturday ridge located over the Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Saturday approaching trough located from Quebec
to the Great Lakes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:43 AM AST 27 January 2023 A cold front extending from an intense low pressure system over
Labrador will track east of the district this morning as the low
moves into the Labrador Sea. Storm force southerlies ahead of the
associated cold front will diminish to strong to gale force
southwesterlies in the wake of the front.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau - eastern half, Laurentian Fan - eastern half, and
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for all Gulf of St. Lawrence
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: