Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2022
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 30 November 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing ridge located east of the
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located from Quebec to New England.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Thursday trough located from the Quebec Lower
North Shore to East Scotian Slope.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:51 PM AST 30 November 2022 An approaching trough of low pressure will traverse the maritime
marine district throughout the day Thursday. Gale to storm force
southerlies will develop ahead of this trough, and diminish to strong
to gale force west to northwesterlies in it's wake.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
all waters except for Fundy and Chaleur - Miscou - western half,
which have gale warnings.
Outlook for the start of the Southwest Nova lobster fishery, lfa34.
Friday...Winds northwest 20 to 25 knots becoming northwest 15 near
noon and then light by mid afternoon. Seas 2 metres decreasing to 1
to 2 in the morning.
Saturday...Winds southwest 15 knots increasing to south 25 to 35 near
noon and to 35 in the afternoon. Seas 1 metre increasing to 3 metres
late in the day.
Sunday...Winds west 35 early in the morning becoming northwesterly 25
in the morning and 15 in the evening. Seas 3 to 4 metres becoming 2
to 3 metres late in the day.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: