Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 19 June 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots veering to northwest 15 to 20 this afternoon then diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind backing to southwest 15 Wednesday morning then increasing to southwest 20 to 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Periods of rain and fog patches ending near noon.
High today plus 17. Low tonight plus 9. High Wednesday plus 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bras d'Or LakesIssued 10:00 AM ADT 19 June 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 19 June 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today cold front located over Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing cold front located over the
southwestern Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the St. Lawrence River.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:57 AM ADT 19 June 2018 A cold front over Nova Scotia will track across the southern marine
district this afternoon. Strong to gale force south to
southwesterlies ahead of cold front will shift to moderate to strong
northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore - eastern half, Sable - eastern half, East Scotian
Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: