Banquereau - southern half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 21 March 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind westerly 15 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to southwesterly 20 early Wednesday morning. Wind veering to northwesterly 25 near noon Wednesday.
Showers Wednesday morning changing to flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Issued 05:00 PM ADT 21 March 2023
Tonight and Wednesday. Seas 2 to 3 metres subsiding to 1 to 2 after midnight then building to 2 to 3 Wednesday evening.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 21 March 2023
Thursday Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to light in the afternoon.
Friday Wind southeast 40 to 50 knots diminishing to northerly 35.
Saturday Wind northwest 35 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 4946N 5849W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 21 March 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5555W to 4600N 5525W to 4515N 5000W to 4535N 4610W to 4700N
4500W to 4845N 4525W to 5835N 5540W to 6005N 5015W to 5900N 4815W to
5820N 4520W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5027N 5948W to Newfoundland near 4936N 5753W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 21 March 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over the southern Marine
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing ridge located over Laurentian
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over New Brunswick.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing trough located east of Cape
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:33 PM ADT 21 March 2023 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Chaleur - Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: