Banquereau - northern half
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 24 March 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 35 to 45 knots backing to northerly 35 to 40 early this evening then diminishing to north 20 to 25 Saturday evening.
Snow changing to flurries this evening and ending near noon Saturday. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Issued 05:00 AM ADT 24 March 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday. Seas 1 to 2 metres building to 2 to 3 early this morning and to 3 to 5 near noon. Seas subsiding to 2 to 3 Saturday afternoon.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 24 March 2023
Sunday Wind north 20 knots diminishing to light in the afternoon.
Monday Wind easterly 25 to 30 knots diminishing to northwest 20.
Tuesday Wind northwest 25 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 23 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 4946N 5849W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 23 March 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5555W to 4530N 5510W to 4425N 4600W to 4725N 4400W to 5835N
5540W to 6005N 5015W to 5850N 4755W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5020N 6050W to Newfoundland near 4917N 5810W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
Warnings (In effect)
Gale warning in effect
Banquereau - northern halfIssued 10:00 AM ADT 24 March 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 24 March 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 989 mb located over the eastern Marine
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday departing low 982 mb located over the
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday ridge located over Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday ridge located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:42 AM ADT 24 March 2023 A low pressure system over the eastern marine district will continue
to intensify as it tracks eastward today to lie over the Grand Banks
tonight. Strong to gale force easterly winds north of the system will
shift to gale to storm force westerlies in its wake over most eastern
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - eastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Laurentian Fan - western half, and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: