Issued 08:00 PM ADT 23 May 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeasterly 30 knots becoming northwesterly 25 to 30 near midnight then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Thursday evening.
Showers and fog ending early Thursday morning. Risk of thunderstorms late this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 May 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5015N 6015W to 5000N 6000W to
5100N 5815W to Newfoundland near 5050N 5705W. Sea ice north of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 May 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4651N 5409W to 4600N 5345W to 4515N 4730W to 4545N 4600W to 4745N
4545W to 5100N 4715W to 5300N 4800W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Quebec near
5034N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4939N 5757W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 23 May 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight intensifying low 1000 mb located over
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday departing low 994 mb located northeast
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Thursday ridge located near Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday ridge located over Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:42 PM ADT 23 May 2018 Marine interest are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: