Issued 03:30 PM ADT 17 September 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light becoming south 10 to 15 knots after midnight. Wind south 10 to 15 Saturday.
Fog patches forming Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 17 September 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Sep estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5237N 5546W to 5300N 5430W to 5445N 5145W to 5800N 5700W to
6240N 6015W to 6310N 5640W to 5925N 5230W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 17 September 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located on a line east-west over
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday ridge located east of the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight intensifying low 1011 mb located southwest
of the Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday intensifying low 1003 mb located near
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:13 PM ADT 17 September 2021 A low pressure system southeast of Cape Hatteras is expected to
intensify as it approaches the marine areas on Saturday. This low is
expected to give strong to gale force winds over the offshore waters
south of Nova Scotia Saturday and Sunday. As the low tracks over
southeastern waters later on Sunday, these winds may reach storm
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank - southern half, West Scotian Slope - southern half and
East Scotian Slope southern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: