Issued 03:00 AM AST 29 February 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to southeast 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to east 25 Sunday morning then backing to northeast 30 near noon Sunday.
Snow Sunday. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Banquereau - northwestern half
Banquereau - southeastern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 February 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4515N
6055W to 4550N 5935W to 4600N 5835W to 4725N 5825W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Ice free except open water in the extreme northwestern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 28 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4725N 5242W to 4625N 4625W to 4855N 4615W to 5400N 4930W to 6000N
5900W to 6220N 5500W to 5800N 4700W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5137N 5641W to Newfoundland near 5124N 5629W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 29 February 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. AST today trough located west of the Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight intensifying trough located from Grand
Manan to West Scotian Slope.
At 3:00 a.m. AST Sunday intensifying trough located from New
Brunswick to East Scotian Slope.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Sunday trough located from Eastern Shore to
At 3:00 a.m. AST today weakening low located near Anticosti Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM AST 29 February 2020 A trough of low pressure west of the marine district will move into
southern waters this evening. The trough will intensify as it moves
northeastward to lie from the eastern shore marine area to Laurentian
Fan by Sunday evening.
Over eastern waters, winds will increase to strong to gale force
easterlies ahead of the trough and will become strong to gale force
westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf - Magdalen - northern half and Anticosti - southern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: