Anticosti - southeastern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 02 August 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 10 to 15 knots becoming light overnight then increasing to southwest 15 near noon Tuesday. Wind increasing to southwest 20 to 25 Tuesday afternoon.
Showers this afternoon and this evening. Rain Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 1 August 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 2 Aug estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5229N 5551W to 5330N 5345W to 5500N 5400W to 5755N 5555W to
5900N 5800W to 5955N 5140W to 5840N 4650W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Anticosti - southeastern halfIssued 03:00 AM ADT 02 August 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 5:30 AM ADT 2 August 2021 Today At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 1010 mb located southwest of Long Island.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1008 mb located south of Cape Breton
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday deepening low 1003 mb located northeast
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday ridge located over the Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 998 mb located near James Bay.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday trough from low located over the
St. Lawrence River.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:32 AM ADT 2 August 2021 A low pressure system passing south of Nova Scotia today will give
strong southwesterlies south of the system. These winds may reach
gale force for the southern halves of East Scotian Slope and
Laurentian Fan tonight.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: