Issued 03:00 AM ADT 21 September 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 15 knots backing to west 10 to 15 near noon then diminishing to light overnight. Wind becoming east 15 Tuesday evening.
Rain Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 20 September 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5030N 5618W to 5115N 4930W to 5430N 4930W to 5530N 5200W to 5700N
5500W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Sep estimated from Newfoundland
near 5120N 5636W to the Labrador coast near 5133N 5648W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 21 September 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today Hurricane Teddy 963 mb located at 29.7N
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday Hurricane Teddy 960 mb located at 36.6N
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday Hurricane Teddy 961 mb located at 39.9N
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:46 AM ADT 21 September 2020 Hurricane Teddy is forecast to impact the marine areas tonight,
Tuesday, and into Wednesday. At this time, gale force winds and high
waves will begin late this evening over southern waters. Storm to
hurricane force winds are expected across southwestern waters on
Tuesday with gale to storm force winds further to the north and east.
At 3:00 A.M. ADT, hurricane Teddy is located near latitude 29.7 north
and longitude 63.5 west, about 170 nautical miles south-southeast of
Bermuda. Maximum sustained winds are estimated at 90 knots and
central pressure at 963 MB. Teddy is moving north-northwest at 5
Marine interests are advised that hurricane warnings are in effect
for Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope.
Storm warnings are in effect for Lurcher, Browns Bank, southwestern
shore, LaHave Bank, eastern shore, Sable, and Laurentian Fan.
Gale warnings are in effect for Fundy, Grand Manan, Fourchu,
Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, and
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: