Issued 03:30 PM AST 06 February 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northerly 15 to 20 knots diminishing to northerly 10 to 15 early Tuesday morning then increasing to southeasterly 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Flurries this afternoon.
Risk of freezing spray late this afternoon and tonight.
Temperatures near minus 7.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 6 February 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4529N 6511W to
4515N 6500W to Nova Scotia near 4515N 6427W. Sea ice northeast of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4519N 6058W to 4540N
5837W to 4755N 6124W to 4725N 6236W to 4849N 6316W to 4844N 6057W to
4934N 6117W to 4953N 5854W to 4721N 5958W to Newfoundland near 4729N
5610W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Open water except 5 tenths new ice including 1 tenth grey ice along
parts of the shore. 7 tenths new ice including 1 tenth grey-white
ice along the Gaspe Peninsula.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:00 PM EST 6 February 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
5025N 5635W to 4915N 4845W to 5120N 4710W to 5830N 5550W to 6005N
5015W to 5740N 4610W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5845W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5725W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 6 February 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. AST today departing trough located over Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 986 mb located near Georges Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Tuesday low 988 mb located south of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:24 PM AST 6 February 2023 An intense low pressure system will move near Georges Bank this
evening then drift slowly away to the southeast on Tuesday. Gale to
storm force northeasterlies will develop over the southern half of
the marine district with this system.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope.
Gale warnings are in effect for Grand Manan, Lurcher, browns banks,
southwestern shore, LaHave Bank, eastern shore, Sable, Fourchu,
Banquereau and Laurentian Fan. Freezing spray warnings are in effect
for Fundy, Grand Manan, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf -
Magdalen, and Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: