Strait of Belle Isle - western half
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 05 June 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots becoming southeast 10 to 15 this evening then backing to northeast 20 late overnight. Wind increasing to northeast 30 near noon Tuesday.
Showers tonight. Showers Tuesday late in the day. Fog patches.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 05 June 2023
Tonight and Tuesday. Seas 1 metre or less building to 1 to 2 near noon Tuesday.
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 05 June 2023
Wednesday Wind northeast 25 knots.
Thursday Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots.
Friday Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 5 June 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday Bergy water except 2 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the eastern section.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 5 June 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5126N 5728W to
Newfoundland near 5102N 5706W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4933N 5510W to
5251N 5400W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the
Bergy water except 2 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the eastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:37 PM EDT 5 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4701N 5520W to 4550N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5740N 5305W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountMore than 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 5 June 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough located south of Nova Scotia.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday trough located south of Newfoundland.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Belle Isle Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:25 PM NDT 5 June 2023 A trough of low pressure south of Nova Scotia will track northward to
lie south of Newfoundland by Tuesday afternoon. Strong to gale force
east to northeasterlies will develop ahead of the trough on Tuesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northeast Gulf - northwestern half, Gulf - Port au Port -
northwestern half, and Southwest Coast.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: