Strait of Belle Isle - western half
Issued 10:00 AM NST 25 January 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots backing to southwest 20 late overnight then veering to west 15 to 20 near noon Sunday. Wind diminishing to light Sunday evening.
Flurries Sunday afternoon and evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending near noon Sunday.
Temperatures minus 15 to minus 10 rising to minus 5 Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 25 January 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5025N 5455W to 5120N 5230W to 5505N 5215W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths new ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 25 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5222N 5537W to 5330N 5245W to 5500N 5306W to 5700N 5600W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
Warnings (In effect)
Strait of Belle IsleIssued 10:00 AM NST 25 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 25 January 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:00 a.m. NST today high located over Cabot Strait.
By 10:00 a.m. NST Sunday high located over the southern Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. NST Sunday approaching low 995 mb located over Maine.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM NST 25 January 2020 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, East Coast - north of Cape St.
Francis, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank, and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: