Strait of Belle Isle - western half
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 19 April 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots becoming north 15 this evening then veering to northeast 15 to 20 Friday afternoon.
Flurries ending this afternoon. Periods of snow beginning near noon Friday. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 April 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4725N 4835W
to 4830N 4855W to 4920N 5115W to 5410N 5220W to 5620N 5735W to 5800N
5830W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 1 tenth first-year ice along parts of the coasts.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4713N 5257W to 4600N 4730W to 4600N 4615W to 4645N 4545W to 4815N
4545W to 5100N 4730W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5012N 6048W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5830W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 19 April 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 992 mb located over southern Belle
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday departing low 995 mb located east of Belle
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today departing trough located east of the
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday approaching low 994 mb located off Nova
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:48 AM NDT 19 April 2018 Marine interests are advised that all warnings have ended.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: