Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
Issued 03:00 AM NST 24 February 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light increasing to east 15 to 20 knots this afternoon then veering to south 15 to 20 overnight. Wind veering to west 15 near noon Tuesday then to north 15 Tuesday evening.
Flurries tonight and Tuesday morning.
Temperatures minus 18 rising to minus 3 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 23 February 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4830N 5300W to 4855N 5040W
to 5050N 4915W to 5510N 5250W to 5605N 5610W to 5800N 5840W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths new ice including 4 tenths grey ice except 9 tenths grey
ice including 3 tenths first-year ice near and south of Belle Isle.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 23 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4738N 5242W to 4735N 4705W to 4910N 4600W to 5400N 5000W to 6230N
5359W to 5744N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5144N 5626W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs east of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 24 February 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. NST today departing trough located east of Belle
At 3:00 a.m. NST today ridge located southeast of the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Tuesday departing ridge located east of Funk
By 3:30 p.m. NST today approaching low 1006 mb located south of
the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM NST 24 February 2020 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf - Port au Port, Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: