Strait of Belle Isle
Issued 08:00 PM NDT 18 August 2019
Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwest 20 knots with gusts to 30 diminishing to variable 15 Monday morning then increasing to southwest 20 Monday afternoon with gusts to 30.
Showers ending near midnight with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 August 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
5032N 5620W to 5015N 4820W to 5400N 4810W to 5700N 5430W to 6135N
6000W to 6330N 5700W to 5900N 4805W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 5027N 5726W to Quebec near 5109N 5838W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 18 August 2019 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over the northern Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over central Labrador Coast.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Monday quasi-stationary trough located on a line
east-west over Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: