Issued 10:00 AM NDT 05 June 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 15 knots increasing to east 30 near midnight and to east 35 early Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to east 25 Tuesday afternoon then veering to southeast 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Showers ending this evening. Showers overnight and Tuesday. Fog patches.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 05 June 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday. Seas 1 to 2 metres building to 2 to 3 Tuesday morning.
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 05 June 2023
Wednesday Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 in the afternoon.
Thursday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Friday Wind light.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:26 PM EDT 4 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5408W to 4610N 5345W to 4635N 4700W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5740N 5305W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 5 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gale warning in effect
Southwest CoastIssued 10:00 AM NDT 05 June 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 5 June 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Belle Isle Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Belle Isle Bank.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today approaching trough located south of Nova
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:49 AM NDT 5 June 2023 A trough of low pressure will approach from the southwest today and
track northward to lie south of Newfoundland by Tuesday afternoon.
Strong to gale force east to northeasterlies will develop ahead of
the trough on Tuesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northeast Gulf - northwestern half, Gulf - Port au Port -
northwestern half, and Southwest Coast.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: