Issued 03:30 PM NDT 28 May 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 Friday afternoon.
Showers this afternoon with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog banks.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 28 May 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4704N 5508W to 4525N 5350W to 4420N 4700W to 4610N 4345W to 4725N
4340W to 5100N 4620W to 5500N 5000W to 6100N 5900W to 6245N 5600W to
5800N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 May estimated from Quebec near
5018N 5954W to Newfoundland near 4920N 5806W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 28 May 2020 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough located over southeastern Labrador.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Friday departing trough located east of the
At 3:30 p.m. NDT Friday approaching trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Quebec.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located south of
the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: