Issued 03:30 PM NDT 17 April 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind east 30 knots diminishing to east 20 Sunday afternoon and to variable 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
Rain ending Sunday afternoon. Fog banks.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 April 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5017N 5953W to 5052N 5816W to
Newfoundland near 5042N 5725W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 10:11 AM EDT 17 April 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4736N 5241W to 4800N 5135W to 5250N 5025W to 5500N 5100W to 6000N
5800W to 6050N 5315W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5838W to Newfoundland near 5018N 5732W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 17 April 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today low 996 mb located over the Gulf of Maine.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT Sunday low 996 mb located east of Cape Breton
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: