Issued 08:00 PM NDT 05 June 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 15 to 20 knots increasing to east 30 near midnight and to east 35 early Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to southeast 25 Tuesday afternoon and to southeast 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Showers changing to rain Tuesday morning and ending Tuesday afternoon. Fog patches.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 05 June 2023
Tonight and Tuesday. Seas 1 to 2 metres building to 2 to 3 late overnight and to 3 to 4 Tuesday morning. Seas subsiding to 2 to 3 Tuesday afternoon.
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 05 June 2023
Wednesday Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 in the afternoon.
Thursday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Friday Wind light.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:37 PM EDT 5 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4701N 5520W to 4550N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5740N 5305W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gale warning in effect
Southwest CoastIssued 8:00 PM NDT 05 June 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 5 June 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located south of Nova Scotia.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday trough located south of Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Belle Isle Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:56 PM NDT 5 June 2023 A trough of low pressure south of Nova Scotia will track northward to
lie south of Newfoundland by Tuesday afternoon. Strong to gale force
east to northeasterlies will develop ahead of the trough on Tuesday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northeast Gulf - northwestern half, Gulf - Port au Port -
northwestern half, and Southwest Coast.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: