Issued 03:00 AM NDT 07 June 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 15 to 20 near noon and to northeast 25 this afternoon and locally gusts to 35 along the coast. Wind diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 overnight then becoming variable 15 Monday morning. Wind increasing to northwest 25 Monday afternoon except southwest 20 over southeastern sections Monday afternoon.
Rain ending Monday afternoon. Fog dissipating Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 6 June 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5311W to 4610N 4540W to 4920N 4345W to 5125N 4450W to 5500N
5030W to 5900N 5730W to 6130N 5630W to 5800N 4800W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6036W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5827W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 7 June 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over southeastern Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 1002 mb located south of Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Monday low 998 mb located over Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:50 AM NDT 7 June 2020 A low pressure system approaching from the southwest will move to lie
over the Southwest Coast Monday morning then over Belle Isle Bank
Monday evening. Strong to gale force southerlies will develop over
the Grand Banks tonight and Monday as the low approaches.
Winds will diminish to moderate to strong southwesterlies over the
Southwestern Grand Banks Monday evening.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: