South Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 21 March 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots except northwest 25 over northwestern sections late this evening and overnight. Wind becoming north 10 to 15 Thursday evening.
A few flurries or showers ending Thursday morning.
A risk of freezing spray over northwestern sections late this evening and overnight.
Temperatures minus 5 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4715N 5245W to 4910N 5005W
to 5530N 5210W to 5635N 5510W to 5800N 5830W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 8 tenths first-year ice in the extreme western
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 March 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4653N 5409W to 4530N 5315W to 4500N 4745W to 4515N 4530W to 4700N
4530W to 5100N 4745W to 5300N 4930W to 5600N 5145W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5840W to Newfoundland near 5029N 5724W.
Iceberg Count10 to 25 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 21 March 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located on a line east-west over
the central South Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday dissipating trough located on a line
east-west over the southern South Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located from Labrador to the
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Thursday ridge located over Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 PM NDT 21 March 2018 Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for East Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: