South Labrador Coast - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM NST 27 February 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 after midnight then increasing to northeast 15 to 20 Friday evening.
Snow Friday evening.
Risk of freezing spray Friday evening.
Temperatures minus 16 rising to minus 8 Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 February 2020 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4830N 5300W to 4845N 5045W
to 5055N 4900W to 5515N 5245W to 5615N 5615W to 5800N 5800W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 1 tenth grey-white ice except 9 tenths
grey-white ice including 4 tenths first-year ice in the northeastern
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 27 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4730N 5240W to 4650N 4620W to 4855N 4615W to 5400N 4940W to 6000N
5900W to 6220N 5500W to 5800N 4700W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5140N 5633W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5620W.
Iceberg Count26 to 50 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 27 February 2020 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary trough located over the
coast of Greenland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 PM NST 27 February 2020 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: